male betta odd(?)fin tip colour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigmac1878

Aquarium Advice Activist
i've had a male betta for about a month now and i've just recently noticed that the tips of his fins aree white while the rest of him is red. is this a bad thing? or is it normal? i'm hoping that his tail is growing and the colur just hasn't caught up yet.

the tank has been set up for 7 months and i have 2 male guppies and 5 white clouds in there with him.
ph 7.4
ammonia 0 ppm
nitrite 0 ppm
nitrate 10 ppm
temp 77 f
tank size 18g

this is the first male betta i've had so i'm a little unsure.

TIA

I have noticed with new growth that it starts out clear and then after a while colors up. My betta was pretty beat up when I got him and the same thing happened. I think he will be fine.

also, are the blue scales that are showing beneth the red a problem? or is this also normal?

i'm pleased that things are normal. i'm sorry that the picture doesn't include all of him, it's the best quality pic i could get, but he gets excited when i go near the tank and swims around a lot and fast. between now and the time of the pic being taken i went to look at him, he was hiding but he saw me, came to see me and flared up, twice, then chilled a litte and scared the hell out of my white clouds and guppies. he has a taste for guppy tail BTW.

thanks, i feel better now

Back
Top Bottom