Male dominance w female in a tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CichlidLady0312

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a problem my ob hybrid has been the king of the tank and noone else will swim around. Is this beacuse theres a female? Should I get rid of her? Hes gotten worse. All my other peacocks get along even w my 2 mbunas. Help!!

He could just be an aggressive individual but with one female in the tank this could be the cause of the aggression. Does he protect her or just the tank or an area of the tank!

He trys to spawn with her keeps showing off whenever she comes into contact w him. I rearranged my tank and he still pushes everyone around. Ive seen him spar w my blue regal and now hes doing It w one of the Mbumas . Im afraid this is stressing her out. She holds her own though so im torn

He trys to spawn with her keeps showing off whenever she comes into contact w him. I rearranged my tank and he still pushes everyone around. Ive seen him spar w my blue regal and now hes doing It w one of the Mbumas . Im afraid this is stressing her out. She holds her own though so im torn

you need to do whats best for the fish and the enviorment i dont mean to sound harsh but keeping only one female in there is going to cause him to stress her and or other fish to death ! i suggest removing her take her to your lfs and turn her in for a store credit and get you an ob male. also how big is your tank this could be and issue as well but idk how big or small it is.

I traded her into my LFS. Made a profit actually. They gave me 2 juvi male peacocks. Since coming home I notic3d all were swimming around and much happier. No tensiom from my ob. Im glad I did this

I traded her into my LFS. Made a profit actually. They gave me 2 juvi male peacocks. Since coming home I notic3d all were swimming around and much happier. No tensiom from my ob. Im glad I did this

Very awesome def the right choice good luck to you and your fishy friends may you all have a very stress free future :)

Back
Top Bottom