male or female dempsy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In this tank I have about 30 corys, the dempsy a severum a very small (1inch) flower horn, 5inch pair of angels, a fore eel, numerous gold dojos, breeding khuli loaches, hogg fin plecos, black skirt tetras, betas, and platties.
I have had NO issues with aggression. Sometimes people have to be pessimistic and say that there will be an issue. I've had a 8 inch dempsy in a tank with babies before and had no issues. It depends on the food types, where the fish like to hangout, and having enough hiding places for everyone to have their own space.

They might actually leave the angles alone until the rest of the food source run out.
"numerous gold dojos", "30 corys", plecos? betas? black skirt tetras? Plural? If all goes the way it will, The Jack and the Flowerhorn, will share in a very varied fish diet. You may also be overstocked.

At least the flower horn
and Jack will be incredibly happy. At least until all the little snacks and chew toys are gone.

It looks like a male Dempsey cause it's missing the blue cheeks

This thread is from October of last year, pretty sure the OP has it figured out, seeing as its 9 months later now

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom