Mandarin goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So how hard would it be to maintain a desperate tank specifically for pods to transport over

It's not terribly difficult. I would start with a phytoplankton culture and then move up to the copepods. It's a wise decision to have two separate cultures going in case one crasyes. A lot of people will just glue a glass divider in a tank to accomplish that.

The only thing ive ever heard about those fish is that they are not above being picky eaters.

If you are adding 100 pounds or so of live rock to your 90, the pods will be there. You just have to wait a while before introducing one. I heard someone say 6 months to a year, and I concur.
And like Carey said, be careful what other fish you put in the tank. Wrasses will eat the pods as well, and they are much faster hunters.

I would get a solid pod culture going first. A mandarins can wipe out even a large pod population in weeks.

I use brineshrimpdirect.com as they have all the materials you will need as well as a good tutorial.

Back
Top Bottom