manzanita branch help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

delfisherman

Aquarium Advice Freak
So when i first put my branch in water it let off some white cloudy stuff so i pulled it out and it had been soaking outside in a tub for the last month. It now looks like it has a greyish layer over it and it wont come off. Is this normal and it is now sunken so it wont float.

So when i first put my branch in water it let off some white cloudy stuff so i pulled it out and it had been soaking outside in a tub for the last month. It now looks like it has a greyish layer over it and it wont come off. Is this normal and it is now sunken so it wont float.

It is normal, since it is new driftwood. The whitish layer is common wood fungus. It is harmful and can actually be a food source for any of your algae eaters or invertebrates. :)

It is normal, since it is new driftwood. The whitish layer is common wood fungus. It is harmful and can actually be a food source for any of your algae eaters or invertebrates. :)

Its not* harmful. Its actual mold and fish/inverts may eat it. It will disappear in a few weeks

Back
Top Bottom