March and April, Bargains thread, tell us what you've found!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jhmuse

Aquarium Advice Regular
Since the Feb. bargain section isn't up, I decided to post this here. In the Pet Solutions February 2004 catalogue the SCWD is listed for $19.99. Hope this helps out.

Jake

oh... the "squid." Pump that pumps forward sometimes and backward sometimes on a timer in case anyone else was wondering.

Man, February is a good month for me. I just got back from the LFS with my marble mushroom rock ($25). I had a couple of good hitchhikers. I have what I have found to be a "Pom Pom" or "Boxer" Crab, a second unidentified crab (will post a pic in the ID section when he emerges again), and a pretty large clump of macro algae. It's good to go on a busy day ;).

Ricordea, toadstool and goby..

I just picked up a small Ricordia, a small Sarcophyton and a little Orange Spot Prawn Goby at my LFS for $35 dollars. I passed over it earlier today but had to go back cuz the price was so good. Oops, I wanted this in the bargain forum...oh well. Do you have to directly feed ricordia or do they take care of themselves?

Do you have to directly feed ricordia or do they take care of themselves?

I don't directly feed mine, but I do see them catch stuff when I feed the tank. I have heard from other hobbyests they will split and reproduce much faster if they are fed.

Merged with bargain thread ;)

Re: Ricordea, toadstool and goby..

jackdp said:
I just picked up a small Ricordia, a small Sarcophyton and a little Orange Spot Prawn Goby at my LFS for $35 dollars.

Did you get them at TFP? Where else do you shop around here? BTW, the new fish room at TFP opened yesterday.

FYI... latest from Pet Solutions on SCWD for 19.99. They are now stating it was a misprint!

Patrick,
I'm sorry that was a misprint in the catalog. The correct price is $34.99
Thanks, Damion
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 2:46 PM
To: petinfo@petsolutions.com
Subject: SCWD

I saw on a bulletin board where you had the SCWD (item 5730001) advertised for 19.99 in Feb catalogue but website states 34.99. If you will give me the 19.99 price I will order it along with a Mag 9.5 pump.

Sunday I picked up a Regal Angelfish for 120. Now I know that does not sound like a deal by price, but this expert rated fish was extremely heathy, and it was being kept successfully in a reef tank. So it was bound for my reef. He was eating flaking and a shrimp mixture 10 minutes after I put him in the tank!

Hi yas!

Im an avid online shopper as I never have time to travel to the nearest LFS.... about 50 miles out, and the local one here never has anything. So I shop online alot and my brother and I both order thru Fosters and Smith. Weve never had a problem with any of our deliverys... just be sure you are home for delivery. There prices are excellent for EVERYTHING!! from supplies to coral to LR to Fish. I highly recommend them... to see them as well as Etropicals... heres the addys... they are always having a great sale!

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/general.cfm?siteid=6&gid=143&ref=FCat&subref=AZ

http://www.etropicals.com

I lost a 8 w UV bulb last week. I looked online and found a great page with CHEAP UV bulbs. (10.50 + 5.00 shipping!!) My order was filled QUICKLY and the bulb is great. I have just order a backup.
Here is the link, if anyone is interested:
http://aquanetics-uv-lamps.com/

Got to love ebay. Found 29 tanks for sale for $430. Mostly 30gallon tanks but a nice 125gal, along with a 50gal and 40gal too. The seller was a retired breeder who still has some tanks of his own.

I got a good sized Rose Bulb anemone attached to 9-11lb piece of live rock for $120 I thought it was a good deal.

Back
Top Bottom