Mardel Maracyn-Oxy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brunettebaby4571

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so I believe my fish have internal parasites so I went to petco and Walmart looking for something to treat it and I couldn't find anything. When I went to petco the guy working there recommended mardel maracyn-oxy to treat them. I haven't used it yet bc he told me it would kill my snails and I don't want to use it if its not going to work on the parasites and only kill my snails. So does anyone know if this will get rid of the parasites?

Hi! Mara-oxy will not help you with internal parasites. Your best option from the big chain stores (petco, walmart etc) would be a product called Jungle anti-parasitic medicated food. It will address internal parasites & infections. Hope this helps!

Ok thank you! Ive been told by everyone to get that but I cant find it anywhere except online...And I bought this stuff just hoping maybee it would work but i have a feeling it wouldnt work but ill look online and try to find some of that stuff

Give amazon a try-they carry most fish meds. Good luck with your fish & let us know if you need any help!

Ok thank you so much! Also do you know if the snails can get the parasites too? I lost one of my apple snails the other day and up til then he seemed healthy and was always moving around....Now I have one left and Im hoping it makes it :/

Ok i looked online and couldnt find that exact stufff buttt i did find the parasite clear tank buddies....would that work? if not ill keep looking for the other stuff! I just wanna get something asap!

I am surprised amazon is out of this product but you have some other options. One would be Seachem metronizadole (amazon) that you can add to the tank or mix in food & feed. The other would be Metromeds (GoldfishConnection.com) which is a metronizadole medicated food. Either option would work but the question is if your fish is eating or not-med food doesnt help if they are not eating, treatment for tank will. If he is eating, med food is the better option to deal with internal issues.

I was reading the one on goldfishconnection and it says its mainly for dropsy and skinny goldfish?

I think im gonna go with the seachem one I looked it up and it had good reviews...Thank you SOOOO much for your help! I was getting ready to pull my hair out over this!! And Im getting ready to get a 75 gallon tank so i want this to be done and over with once and for all!! :) Thank you for all your help!! Oh one more question if you dont mind...Ive read a few places about garlic would this be any help to them at all?

Also this mardel stuff that I have now I was going to return it since it was like 12 dollars but what all is it useful for?

I know some people do use garlic to intice their fish to eat but i have no personal experience with it. Perhaps you can ask about it using it in the 'general discussion' area here? I believe the mardel stuff you purchased is mildly antibiotic but i would return it. Most antibiotics have a limited shelf life-by the time you may actually need something like it, it may no longer be effective. There are much better options for antibiotics than this particular product available anyway. Good luck with your new tank & your fish! :)

Ok I figured I would return it since I payed a good bit for it and have no need for it at the moment I could always get a few otos later that i have been dying to get but not til these darn parasites are gone...grrrr lol but thank you so much for the help and everything!!

Back
Top Bottom