Margarita Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Petey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anyone have any experience with these snails, I put 8 into my 40g tank tonight and I can already notice a distance where they've been working the glass. Please don't burst my bubble I think I like them, but I hope they're going to do more good than bad!

Marg's are awesome. They clean everything. They don't last as long as some of my others, but they do a heck of a job on my live rock.

I do not know what working the glass means :roll:

WHat bad would they do? When they die my mexican hermits love the shells!!

I put 10 in my tank a few months ago, and they are awesome workers. Trochus are very good also.
When they die my mexican hermits love the shells!!
They don't have to die for that to happen! I exiled all my hermits awhile ago lol.

margarita snails are Margarita sp sand they are many species in this genus. some local to my town. they generaly like colder water (ie: temperate tidepools) but they can handle the 78F temp because they are form the tidepools. weird huh?
anyway, i have tons of margarits and they are beautiful and graceful. they need to be turned over if they flip over or they die pretty quickly so keep your eyes on em.
if you have a sump or fuge, put one in it for a day every few weeks as a quick cleanup. thats what the city of sf does with goats in their parks - they herd them and lat them graze overgrown areas.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom