Marineland filter cartridge friendly advice!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spence22

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just thought I would share some helpful news with all of you that have a Marineland Pengiun bio-wheel that takes the filter cartridge size B. See I own a ML Pengiun 150 and a Aqua-Teck 10-20 gallon filters. Come to find out they both take the same exact filter cartridge which is good news because the Aqua-Teck only cost like 6 bucks for a 3 pack. The same exact filter cartridge that is under Marinelands name cost 12 bucks for a 3 pack. I just bought a single Marineland size B cartridge 2 days ago for $4.50(CRAZY) and once I opened it I realized that both cartridge brands of that size are the same thing. You should be able to go to your local Walmart to buy the Aqua-Teck brand filter cartridges. I actually felt like the Aqua-Teck version fits more snug which is a good thing because that prevents by-pass.
Now the only possible downside I could think of is that the Marineland filter cartridges come in a seald bag where as the Aqua-Teck filter cartridge comes in a box. Not a big deal to me but It may be a slight issue to some of you. I just wanted to let everyone be aware of this and maybe save you guys some money in the future. If your interested in this then look for the Aqua-Teck 10-20 gallon filter cartridge, this will fit any Marineland bio-wheel that uses the SIZE B filter cartridge, well atleast it does for me, hopefully for everone else also.

Back
Top Bottom