Marineland single vs double bright

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I can't decide between a single and double bright. It's for a 20gal tall so for 64$ I can get single bright that's 24-36inch or a 18-24inch double bright. Or I could save some money and get a 18-24inch single bright for 44$. What should I do? I want effective lighting.

Saltwater or freshwater? Corals, plants? What are you looking for in a light?

Agreed - much more detail is needed. In addition to what you are trying to grow, tank size would help.

However, I wouldn't recommend either one of these as a high powered LED fixture. They both have very low PAR ratings.

If for freshwater, here is the rule of thumb: single bright for no plants, double bright for low to moderate plants and reef capable for other plants. I don't own one yet, but have been researching them. Read the customer reviews and you should get a feel for who is successful and happy with what.

I scratched the led idea And got a 2bulb t5ho for cheaper. It's a 20gal tall saltwater tank I was going to just do a fowlr but decided it would be fun to do a mushroom tank.

I purchased the Single Bright 36". They were pretty dim and I exchanged them for the Double Brights. Much better! I don't keep live plants, but if I did I might go for the Reef Capable.

Back
Top Bottom