Mattias first saltwater build :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I talked to my mom last night and she said she would cover the rock for Christmas. Everything else I'll cover with chores and babysitting. So the cycle should start a couple days after Christmas.

I just realized something.... After my 29g planted is set up I'll have a spare 10g.... Nano reef time?:D I'll just need to get sand rock and a light. This wont e for a while though. Maybe I can get a MH and do sps..? Carey? Can you suggest a small metal halide?

Maybe an led? Small tank you might find something cheap enough. A little 10g reef with a couple fish would look really cool.

Yeah plus it will be set up to where I can see it from my bed at night. Ima look on dfs for an led...

Ikr! Geez! It's a huge weight lifted off my shoulders knowing my parents are covering the rock.

SwimsWithFish said:
Ikr! Geez! It's a huge weight lifted off my shoulders knowing my parents are covering the rock.

Lol well your not as bad as me...my bro and i are going after a tank on CL that we dont even have the money for!!! Lol, how much is live rock over-wherever-the-heck-you-are? As much as in pittsburg for adam!!?

IMO live rock is useless. Get a high quality dry rock from bulk reef supply. In a few months it will look live. Dry rock is 2-3$ a pound and live is 7-8$ lb. :) you can do it gboy!!!

SwimsWithFish said:
IMO live rock is useless. Get a high quality dry rock from bulk reef supply. In a few months it will look live. Dry rock is 2-3$ a pound and live is 7-8$ lb. :) you can do it gboy!!!

Hmmm, i though you needed a little bit of live rock to seed the base rock. Interesting! Those are some pretty big prices over there though!

my problem with buying dry rock is I cant find a place that sells live and dry rock by the pound. and my lfs sells live rock for 10$ a lb

Certainly not uncommon for lr to be 8bucks but 6-7 is more common. Getting a couple of pieces will seed the coraline faster, but it grows no matter what eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom