Matt's 700 Gallon Natural Sunlight System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think that my living-room is 700 gallons......and that's the biggest room of my house! :)

hi. was just admiring your work. very cool. one question i had that i don't think was asked previously- did you do anything to prepare the floor at all for this system? any footings perhaps?
i'm thinking of something similar if i can afford it, but i'm wondering if i should saw cut the concrete floor and pour footings first or not.

thanks in advance.

Hey Stripes - How'd your tank go with the recent floods?
Are you in the path of Yasi?

I am on the Gold Coast so missed both the flood and the cyclone :)

hi. was just admiring your work. very cool. one question i had that i don't think was asked previously- did you do anything to prepare the floor at all for this system? any footings perhaps?
i'm thinking of something similar if i can afford it, but i'm wondering if i should saw cut the concrete floor and pour footings first or not.

thanks in advance.

Stand went straight onto the concrete floor and the total weight of the tank once in full swing was approved by the builders and engineers.

If in doubt get it looked at ;)

You been alright with Yasi Stripes?
Hows the tank looking?

All good man! Missed both major natural disasters!

Here are some pics of the Achilles.
Enjoy.
img_1214569_0_69c98eadbc1327d5eda261c1b2332c43.jpg

img_1214569_1_39a80e9859501b8267a5db33a0193633.jpg

img_1214569_2_b29840bf2bd4c7661e690ec85a5ae2c4.jpg

img_1214569_3_477c7b8f958d6d04271fa94e2d6c537e.jpg

Skimmer doing it's thing. Approx 2 days of skimmate
img_1214569_4_57e5e56141cfdb644adf6b8f259c9b7f.jpg

Under the tank
img_1214569_5_314e8fcf0ab97146927df544f6d5373b.jpg

Engine Room
img_1214569_6_2db7801a88854389cca5a33c75a92e3d.jpg

Your fish are incredible! Seriously some of the best fish I have seen. I mean health wise as well as color. You think its the tank size? Or the natural seawater? Not saying you aren't part of equation.

A combination of things I would say:

1. Having a tank large enough that the fish can display some sort of natural behaviours & not stressing each other out.
2. Food - Lots of food, varied, multiple times per day
3. Fish Stocking - Buying fish that get along

Impressive.
I'm from Perth myself I couldn't dream of how much that would cost.
Probably a couple of brand new ss holdens easily.

I'm curious on the mm of the glass and whether you run a chiller?

It'd be funny if your roof was a magnifying glass that pointed the lights straight onto your display lol. But then you'd need a massive chiller o_O

Seems brighter than my tank anyways though haha. Amazing colors, you really take good care of the fish.

WOW,,yours is right up there with some of the nicest i've seen...you should be proud of your work,,very nice indeed(y)

One question though,,What happen to the best fish you had in there,,your Emp??

WOW,,yours is right up there with some of the nicest i've seen...you should be proud of your work,,very nice indeed(y)

One question though,,What happen to the best fish you had in there,,your Emp??

I did the stupidiest thing I am still regretting. I had a friend bug me and bug me that he wanted the Emperor, so I sold him for some big bucks.

About 4 weeks later, he killed it.

After 7 years of being in my tanks :banghead:

I replaced the Pomacanthus with a Holacanthus though :dance:

Back
Top Bottom