Max's 20g Rimless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The branches on 1 look a little too thick, IMO, but it's hard to tell without it in the actual tank...

I agree. If they were longer it wouldn't look so weird, but they look short and stubby. I think I will hold off and wait another week or two in case somethign better comes up.

I think the first one would be great for a nature scape, but what you're going for it may not work. I forgot you had a set scape in mind.

I think the first one would be great for a nature scape, but what you're going for it may not work. I forgot you had a set scape in mind.

I am going for a nature scape... I am tempted to buy that piece :)

I say #3 to be honest.

#1 is nice but is a little thick and gives a strange feel when its just looks cut off at the ends.

#3 looks more natural and will be able to be integrated to your scape in all facets of the tank. It will fit better if you are trying to emmulate the pictures you put above also. I love the unbalanced aquascape with the wide open side. It will look great if you can do that.

I was shopping for other pieces of driftwood and came across this:

$_57.JPG

It's WYSISYG, so if I bought it I would receive the exact driftwood and stones. The only thing I don't like about it is that the stone in the middle (directly below the grid) looks a bit too round. I could always place a different one there if needed. What do you guys think?

I like it too. It's not like you have to set it up EXACTLY like the picture... It'll give you plenty of stuff to play around with.

I agree. I am not thrilled with a few of the stone placements, but I can change those easily. I think I will make an offer on it :)

I did end up buying that layout. Although it was expensive, I wanted both stones and driftwood, and this seemed to have good specimens of both. If I set it up like they pictured it, it will be about 7 inches tall at the highest point. That leaves about 10 inches from the top of the tank. I was thinking of getting more aquasoil so I can make a really big slope and reduce the gap from the top. Assuming no delays (which are likely), the layout should arrive today. I'm not sure I will have time to put it in the tank, though.

Last edited:
I finally set it up. It took over 2 hours. The hard part was figuring out which piece went where, and what orientation it was in. Some of the stuff was too hard to tell, so I just placed it where I thought it looked ok. It still needs a lot of adjusting, but it's a start!

img_2762526_0_859590abe106c50aa5617d3ee78eedd8.jpg

So this is what you were talking to me about :) Very cool. I think it looks good. Mind PM'ing me the seller on eBay? I already have DW coming, but it would be for future reference. :)

Back
Top Bottom