maxspect razor and zoanthids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mfscn0811

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Has anyone had any experiences with the razor over a paly, zoanthid dominate tank? I've grown these corals under most lighting but can't seem to have success under the razor. I have a 75. 2 of the 16k units. I peak at about 70 blue 30 white. Water is in check. Flow is moderate w a gyre. Placement is between mid and lower level. Some of my zoanthids are fine but not growing. Some are just melting away. Any positive experience with light settings out there? Or else I'm switching to t5.

What is your alk? I've noticed my zoas don't like anything above 9 dkh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kalk stays at right around 8.5 dkh.

Ok. Have you tried running your lights at lower intensity to see if they improve. I have a kessil a150 and my zoas do great under it

Yea. I've actually slowly reduced it. Still going down with no noticeable improvements. I had them under hydra 26 and they went nuts. May have to switch out lights which sucks with the money I've already invested in maxspect

Have you checked for pests?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yea. I've actually slowly reduced it. Still going down with no noticeable improvements. I had them under hydra 26 and they went nuts. May have to switch out lights which sucks with the money I've already invested in maxspect

Just turn down even more. It just sounds like you have a lot more light than needed. Try at 40 and see how they react

Mine where under razors 160w 16000k no issues

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/220gtiturbo/DSC_1773_zpsn5szgtkx.jpg

My lights peak 100% here is my shedule

1 : 9:00 : A - 0% : B - 1%
2 : 12:00 : A - 25% : B - 55%
3 : 15:00 : A - 100% : B - 100%
4 : 17:00 : A - 75% : B - 100%
5 : 21:00 : A - 15% : B - 60%
6 : 23:30 : A - 0% : B - 0%

At the time they was in my stats where

KH 9.3
Cal 425
Mag 1350
Nitrate 2.5
Phosphate 0
SG 1.026
PH 8.2
Temp 26°c

My tank is 2ft deep and they was half way up.

Hope that helps

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom