May need a new tank soon.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tetra1990

Aquarium Advice Addict
Back in december of last year I got a 29 gallon tank with hood and light off of craigslist. I got into this tank knowing it was used, the silicone was peeling a bit, glass has some big scratches, top ring, hood and light have some hard water stains, it was a 'working' tank. No real big deal to me, along as it held water which it does. Today I noticed the silicone on the front left is starting to peel off badly. It is currently not leaking and I run my finger up all corners quite often. So it looks like I may be upgrading soon.

Attachments

• image-368041194.jpg
    image-368041194.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 60
Tetra1990 said:
Back in december of last year I got a 29 gallon tank with hood and light off of craigslist. I got into this tank knowing it was used, the silicone was peeling a bit, glass has some big scratches, top ring, hood and light have some hard water stains, it was a 'working' tank. No real big deal to me, along as it held water which it does. Today I noticed the silicone on the front left is starting to peel off badly. It is currently not leaking and I run my finger up all corners quite often. So it looks like I may be upgrading soon.

You can re silicone the tank if you still wanna use it

I know about resealing, but I don't trust myself. The stand I have will hold a larger tank so this might be an excuse to upgrade. But if I don't get another 29, then I need a new hood,light and filter. A brand new 29 gallon may be the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom