Mbuna's!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
YAY!!!!! I got my rocks today!!!! Fon Du Lac stepping stones the guy called it... $0.25/#. Ended up gettint 120#'s. Alot I know I got alittle rock happy haha. I stacked them and they look pretty good... at least to me they do. The water is alittle cloudy right now so I wont take pics until everything settles. Also... I had a blonde moment(I am blonde so I have permission to say that :p) I put my glass covers on the ground and wasn't paying attention where I was walking. And I broke one of my covers :( Only half of it is broken. I pulled the glass out and put the remaining half on the tank. Lucky me my light rests on the plastic top of the tank :p. So that was my little tradgedy. Oh yea... the rocks ARE limestone so I am even happier :) They aren't that thick, I think the thickest one is 1" and the thinnest is 1/4" or maybe less. But because I am so excited I'll take some pics tonight hehehe... it just will depend on how fast they will be approved. And your suggestions on my rock placements will be greatly appreciated :) Ya'll will have to wait tho hehe, I am keeping you in suspense :p

**EDIT**

Hehe got the pics ;)

Attachments

• tank1_112.jpg
    tank1_112.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 38
  • tank2_512.jpg
    tank2_512.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 38
  • tank3_377.jpg
    tank3_377.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 41
  • tank4_408.jpg
    tank4_408.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 42
  • tank5_948.jpg
    tank5_948.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 39
dunno if this has been mentioned yet.. but the yellow labs LOVE to breed, at least that has been my experience with them, so don't be surprised if you always see one prego!

Hehe, thats always good :p I am just despoerate to hear what you guys are thinking about my tank... Should I move rocks? Should it stay as is? Should I add more rocks? Should I take out some? I don't know this is my FIRST ever cichlid tank and I am pretty pumped to have it all ready

amount of rocks is fine, but if you break some of them in half and stack them, then you will have more caves and crevaces, which means more territory, and more territory means less agression.

I would get some spacers. You may be able to find them at the lfs or at a landscaping store. Not too big. Maybe 2 to 3 inches in height. Then use those to build little caves and it will stack the rock higher. My biggest issue with not having spacers is that when they dig the sand out (which they will), your rocks will move and possibly hit the side of the tank either scratching or cracking it. If you start with a good base of spacers, you shouldn't have as big of a problem. And Silicone is your friend. :) If it feels unstable, silicone the rocks together.

Looks good so far.

i am going to rearrange my rocks today guys.... My mom wants to help me... she says it looks like a tsunami hit hit inside my tank :- /

Back
Top Bottom