Medium-Low light dosing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDogg

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok... I know the drill :D
Current stats...
Ammonia/Nitrite = 0 ppm
Nitrate = 20 ppm
PO4 = .5 ppm
PH = 8.0
KH = 20 degrees
GH = 15 degrees

10 gallon, No CO2, lights (when they arrive will be) 2 20 watt screw in CF bulbs...

currently not dosing NO3 or PO4
Dosing 1/4 tsp K and ~ 10 ml CSM+B (solution is a 10 tsp/500 ml H2O mix) once per week after ~50% pwc
how does that look?

that looks good to me. your most limiting factor is C. and without adding CO2 you shouldn't have to add much of anything else. Just keep an eye out for algae.

I agree with rkilling1, as I often do. You're very similiar to my 2 lower light tanks- I dose fleet to bump my phosphates up occasionally (Whenever I notice Green Spot Algae, generally :).

rkilling1 said:
that looks good to me. your most limiting factor is C. and without adding CO2 you shouldn't have to add much of anything else. Just keep an eye out for algae.
oh forgot to mention i dose excel..... does that change anything you said?

JDogg said:
rkilling1 said:

YES. I would worry about your PO4's then. IF you are adding C, then the uptake rates of your plants are going to be quite a bit greater and therefore require more nutrients, or should I say consume more nutrients.

40 watts of CF over 10 gals is nothing to shake a stick at. LOL (I can't believe I just wrote that. LOL)

rkilling1 said:
JDogg said:
rkilling1 said:

YES. I would worry about your PO4's then. IF you are adding C, then the uptake rates of your plants are going to be quite a bit greater and therefore require more nutrients, or should I say consume more nutrients.

40 watts of CF over 10 gals is nothing to shake a stick at. LOL (I can't believe I just wrote that. LOL)
the reason for this is that a couple of the swords i have in there are showing sines of (i think K defiecency as i had only dosed 1/8 tsp so added a second 1/8 tsp) i also uped from 5 ml CSM+B to 10 ml.... but NO3 and PO4 are still ok right now it looks like, i am of course checking them every other day as i play with dosing...

Back
Top Bottom