Meds for internal parasites..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Erod714

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I notice that my fish has stringy white poop .. an indication of internal parasite.. It hides and comes out only to eat .. Only a tiny bit.. I noticed after I fed him Freh blood worms .. Which I won't give any more .. ever .. Wats a good med for him ? Should I quarantine him or treat the entire tank ? . 72gallon tank .. Also my tank is planted will the meds hurt my plants .. Thanks for help greatly appreciated ..

If you make food with Seachem Metrocondizole + Focus with a couple drops of garlic guard, the meds are easily eaten. Have to eat the meds for internal infections. If you can get Kanaplex that will work too

If you make food with Seachem Metrocondizole + Focus with a couple drops of garlic guard, the meds are easily eaten. Have to eat the meds for internal infections. If you can get Kanaplex that will work too

Kanaplex is an antibiotic. It will not treat an internal parasite issue. I would check out Angelsplus.com and order some of their medicated dewormer foods so you can treat the entire tank via food. Metro has a very limited range of what it can treat and its not in the same class as a dewormer med such as fenben or levamisole.

Back
Top Bottom