MelaFix and PimaFix effect on healthy fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flutterby21782

Aquarium Advice Freak
I don't know why I lost two balas and a tire track eel. Anyone know the effects to MelaFix and PimaFix on healthy fish. I put in the recommended doses for my size tank of both meds. Should I have cut that in half. I don't want to lose anymore fish, I'm upset over the losses that I have and now I'm worried about the others.
Thanks ,
Flutter

Melafix and Pimafix are relatively mild medications. Even w/ a slight overdose I would think the fish would be fine. Bala sharks are very very hardy. I don't know about the hardiness of the eel.

I'm assuming water quality is fine?

Sorry for the late reply. Water specs are good. I don't think the MelaFix and PimaFix led to thier demise. I think an internal parasite of some sort did. I think I know what happened. I had a crayfish that molted last week Wednsday, the fish made quick work of all but the tail (never had that happen before). I believe the crayfish was carrying a parasite of some sort, I have lost my 3BRPC, my 3 bala sharks, and my 5 spiny eels. I have my jellybean left (in QT tank) a cory cat and my African Butterfly fish. Thanks for all your help.

Pretty sure, I don't use chemicals in that room. As I said I still have my African Butterflies, my Cory Cot, and a Parrt Convict Cichlid (in the QT tank with lots of meds, antibiotics and a external and internal parasite eliminater). My only guess is the crayfish had something, one of my coworkers and I think that is teh most likely reson.

Back
Top Bottom