Melanurus wrasse with other wrasse in 55 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gouramiboy9142

Aquarium Advice Regular
So since I unfortunately lost some fish almost 2 months ago no thanks to some problems with epoxy for the rocks, my fish roster has opened up a bit, since now my only 3 remaining fish in my 55 gallon reef aquarium are my female midnight clownfish, yellow watchman goby, and melanurus wrasse. While figuring out which fish I can try out this time around, I was considering if it would be possible to keep either a fairy wrasse or flasher wrasse with the established melanurus? I know that some people recommended using breeder boxes to introduce new wrasse to established ones, so would this be a helping factor? Either way, please let me know, and as always thanks for all replies in advance.

- Diego

I wouldn't try it in a 55. Wrasse are active fish and need lots of room. A 55 isn't enough for most wrasse individually. There will most likely be aggression issues.

My Melanurus almost killed a potters wrasse in my 40 breeder back when I had one until I moved the potters. I wouldn’t try it with other wrasses in smaller than a 75-100 gallon tank.

Back
Top Bottom