Melanurus Wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chase33

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone have any experience with the Melanurus Wrasse? I'm interested in getting one.

melanurus wrasse not as easy as you may think

Does anyone have any experience with the Melanurus Wrasse? I'm interested in getting one.
melanurus wrasse hey !!! very fast,very colourful fish but should never be kept with cleaner shrimp,will also attack turbo snails,if you have an injured or sick fish this wrasse will attack it,,needs to be kept with active fish,not fish that will hide away when provoked,ive had mine now for over a year and to my horror my kids bought a few cleaner shrimps and only to wake up in the morning with all of them eaten,and to make matter worst the wrasse was eating them when we saw them..,they go for the soft part and up to this day it still tries to nip at my turbo snails,its had no bad experience with other fish though.please please before you buy one find out as much info about it as you can as this fish can make or break your marine tank set up,hope this has helped..:D

Back
Top Bottom