Meringue (Male Platy) Lonely

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
My male platy Meringue is once again lonely without any other platies around. I sadly had to euthanize his mate tonight and he has been quiet and depressed for weeks with her under the weather. I moved him back to the 20g L he was used to before and he's up actively swimming around... Colors bright...

Here he is...

View attachment 83821

Will get another Gold Twin Bar Platy like himself...
What to name his blind date? Ideas?

Almost wasn't able to get the fish. Guy at Petco had all lights off and said " normally I don't get fish while receiving and distributing the shipment into the tanks. Next time make sure you come on Thursday or Friday" .... Ummmm last time I checked I could get a fish any time the store is open... I understand it's a little inconvienient for HIM, but when you're in the business of customer service.... SERVE the customer happily despite the thoughts in your head... :)

She's very petite and cute... Just like Trixie was... Has a gravid spot but not very big yet. Although darker gravid spot.. Can see dark space inside her cavity...
Pics to come

Starka said:
She's too cute :) Glad I could help ;)

:) thank you.

Cookie is so happy right now... She is all over the tank little fins held high. She looks giddy.. If fish can feel that. Haha..Meringue is hanging back just watching.

Cookie is getting rounder... And her gravid spot is more visible ;-)
There's a more solid thickness about her... I'm glad... I'm really liking these platies.. They're very cute... She's got quite a personality... All over the tank most of the time..,

Meringue on other hand could care less about her... When she comes up to him slowly or is drifting near him he usually pecks at her and she swims off.. :-(

Hopefully you'll have fry soon, congrats!
Don't worry about your male, my first male Platy also wouldn't have anything to do with the females, until about a month after I got him. Now he is quite attracted to them ;)

fishdude25 said:
Hopefully you'll have fry soon, congrats!
Don't worry about your male, my first male Platy also wouldn't have anything to do with the females, until about a month after I got him. Now he is quite attracted to them ;)

I'd expect babies within a week.. 2 wks max. :) my fry tank is ready for whoever pops in whatever tank LOL
My male took to the previous female within an hour.. This is day 3 and he's still chasing her away... Maybe he was in love with my other one and he's a one lady man...? HAHAHA...

Back
Top Bottom