Metal Halide Fixture Question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxnonamexx

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am looking for a low profile Metal Halide fixture I do not want the 15" ones I like the 48" by 48" Aqualight Advanced, 2x150 (20k)
2X150W 20K HQI Metal Halide
NO POWER COMPACT ACTINICS INCLUDED 0 Photo Not Available 48" X 9.5" X 2.75" $531.00

Do you think that I need th Actinics?? Or are metal halides fine w/o them? I have 3 lunar lights already and i have PC but I want metal Halides and do not want Retro Fit Thanks

xxnonamexx said:
Do you think that I need th Actinics?? Or are metal halides fine w/o them?
With 20k MH lamps you'll be fine w/out actinics IMO. Actinics may make the tank look too blue in conjunction w/ the 20k MH. It's a matter of aesthetics/personal tastes.

So the one that I posted should be fine? It won't mess up the corals/clams? I have PC w/ the actinic and whites and 3 lunar lights. I have seen alot of Metal Halides w/ and w/o the actinics I just though the actinics make a great addition. I guess from what was stated that I do not need the Actinics.

My other question is. Will there be a great deal of algae growth with the metal halides? The depth of my tank is 21". Also how long should the metal halides stay on? My PC the actinics go on 12pm the whites at 1pm whites off at 9pm and blues off at 10pm and lunar lights on 24hr.

Back
Top Bottom