Need help with setting up 80 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nameless01

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys. So I recently purchased an 80 gallon fish tank. It came fully set up with fish but I already gave them away. It came with a Fluval 304 canister filter ( I know i need something bigger but it'll do for now ) as well as a Orbit 24 Hour Lighting System has PC lamps and a Moon White Lunar Lamp (Aquarium Arts' Current-USA Power Compact Fixtures and Lamps) It seems to be a really old model because I can't find much information on it. It came with 4 65 watt bulbs. Two of them are the bright white lights I'm guessing for the day and then the other 2 are the blue night lights. My question is if you guys think I can buy the 96 Watt bulbs and use them in my fixture. I really want a planted tank with nice and healthy plants but I don't think the 65 watts will do. Please if anyone can help me. Also another question if it is possible to use the 96 watts. Would I be able to buy the 4 for maximum light output and not even have the night lights? Or would this maybe ruin my fixture?

Hi guys. So I recently purchased an 80 gallon fish tank. It came fully set up with fish but I already gave them away. It came with a Fluval 304 canister filter ( I know i need something bigger but it'll do for now ) as well as a Orbit 24 Hour Lighting System has PC lamps and a Moon White Lunar Lamp (Aquarium Arts' Current-USA Power Compact Fixtures and Lamps) It seems to be a really old model because I can't find much information on it. It came with 4 65 watt bulbs. Two of them are the bright white lights I'm guessing for the day and then the other 2 are the blue night lights. My question is if you guys think I can buy the 96 Watt bulbs and use them in my fixture. I really want a planted tank with nice and healthy plants but I don't think the 65 watts will do. Please if anyone can help me. Also another question if it is possible to use the 96 watts. Would I be able to buy the 4 for maximum light output and not even have the night lights? Or would this maybe ruin my fixture?

Can u post a picture of the tank with the light on please? I've never heard of this fixture before. Also how deep is your tank?

Generally bigger tanks are harder to light due to there depth.

can u post a picture of the tank with the light on please? I've never heard of this fixture before. Also how deep is your tank?

Generally bigger tanks are harder to light due to there depth.

My tank is approximately 20 inches deep. Sorry I can't give you an exact number as I don't have a tape measure or ruler right now lol

IMG_0047.jpgIMG_0048.jpgIMG_0051.jpgIMG_0056.jpg

You might be able to go low light plants with what you have, however I think that big pleco of yours might cause some damage to your plants. I'd start with some anubias, Java fern, crypts and see how they go.

Back
Top Bottom