Midas blenny sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clownfish25

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone I have a Midas blenny and he has been eating formula two flakes and mysis shrimp. He will eat and then spit some up, he has been doing this for the past couple days like he doesn't like it anymore. Could he be getting sick or is there another type of food I should get. If this has happened to you or you own a Midas blenny let me know . Any and all advice welcome. Thanks

I have a tailspot blenny who did this when I first got him. I don't believe our fish had the same issue but my fish started eating better when I broke the food into smaller pieces. I wonder if you might have better luck with different food? Idk just brainstorming:)

Blennies can be picky eaters, fish like most will get bored of the same food. I recommend to continue using the food you are, live and flake foods are good for fish with the difference in nutrients it provides. But in the case of your fish having difficulty eating crush the flakes between your fingers first as you sprinkle them into the tank. If the problem persists i recommend changing to treat your fish for a possible case of constapation which can be a problem in fish who have eaten too much or too little.
I would leave it a few weeks before considering any other actions, just feed the fish as normal.

Back
Top Bottom