Mikes mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Two Leopoldi have vents exposed. I was really hoping to get them alone before it got to this point

Take their eggs if they lay to lower aggression in the tank ?
It would be nice to see if they hatch and you have a true pair ,but it may stress the tank.
IMO taking the eggs won't stop them from spawning again.

Ok. Thanks. I knew they were sparring. I need to wear glasses more I think. I am moving in a month or so. Could a 29 hold two pair or one?

That’s what I thought. I gave them a big ole chunk of mopani wood that kind of looks like a Ram horn.

If it is tall they will lay on it. Otherwise watch your heater ! They like high vertical objects if they can find them.

The heater is in line. Two canister filters and some Val’s are the other choices. I am going to watch these guys close and learn all I can. I appreciate you sir!

I agree. I can see it coming with my rams. Learning a new fish is cool to me

I have read about them attacking from a horizontal position. Now I have seen it

Thanks! I can’t wait to get these guys in a tank of their own. I really thought I might have to do more. Good food and clean water goes a long way I guess. It’s crazy all that had been going on in this tank over the last month

They ate the eggs. I thought they probably would. I think she was laying eggs as I was removing substrate

That is a lot of big angels.. They are going to get happier when they get on their own..
They sure look good and happy now ...
The freeze dried black worms are like potato chips for my fish also ..
I almost expected to see them laying eggs again or next...:cool:

I think I am going to get another 55 and try to isolate two pairs. I thought hard scape but the little bit of info out there in spawning Leopoldi indicates leaves of plants. I am going to give them the Val’s that I have and put a sword in a big pot I think

Back
Top Bottom