Millepora?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BallinCrew10

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I grabbed this frag from my LFS yesterday. The guy working there said he didn't know what it was but it came in on a big dead colony so they fragged what looked alive. I took it to see what I could do with it. It looks like millepora to me. There is some polyp extension. Thoughts? I'm not too familiar with millepora, is it going to color up or is it just a brown mille? Sorry all I have is crappy iphone pics.

Attachments

• IMG_1518[1].jpg
    IMG_1518[1].jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1517[1].jpg
    IMG_1517[1].jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 97
Looks like a milli to me. Give it time to see what color it turns out to be.

Looks like a milli to me. Give it time to see what color it turns out to be.

That's the plan. Hopefully it ends up having some nice color to it. They had a real nice green mille colony, but I really didn't want to spend the $90 on it. Took this for $20. Hopefully it will end up being money well spent.

If it came off of a larger dead colony, it might just be stressed from...who knows what. There is good chance it will color up rather than being brown.

I've picked up really nicely colored SPS colonies. With the nutrient issues I've come into with my water, both from bad luck and my own learning curve, they are browned for the most part or dull colored. Lower nitrates/phosphates will get more color out of them.

Back
Top Bottom