Milwaukee vs AQUATEK CO2 Regulators

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The problem with end of tank dump is that if it happens in the morning while at work all day and you dont get home till late at night.....

yeah, i'm aware of this potential issue. to make things more un-preventable, the tank that this co2 system is going into is for my parents' house and i can't maintain it everyday. i can only stop by every weekend. therefore i'm trying to figure out what solutions are out there.

You can always just fill it up when the tank pressure drops below around 1000psi or so, or when you think it will drop below that while you're gone. Its not a huge concern IMO, just something to be aware of and watch out for.

On my 75 gallon I use an inline atomic diffuser, it works really well and sends co2 all throughout my tank since it comes out of the filter outflow. Inline reactors are more efficient, but I didn't like the added larger equipment since my stand doesn't hide it.

You can always just fill it up when the tank pressure drops below around 1000psi or so, or when you think it will drop below that while you're gone. Its not a huge concern IMO, just something to be aware of and watch out for.

On my 75 gallon I use an inline atomic diffuser, it works really well and sends co2 all throughout my tank since it comes out of the filter outflow. Inline reactors are more efficient, but I didn't like the added larger equipment since my stand doesn't hide it.

I will try to remember when the pressure of the tank falls below certain point. but i thought the issue of the need to readjust the needle is usually a hit or miss, like Brian said. obviously i'm going to run the pressurized system with a timer, but if i need to readjust the amount of co2 coming into the tank everytime the timer kicks off, then i'm going to have serious problem because most of the time i won't be around.

i never figure out how the atomic diffuser works and the purpose of a lily pad, could you provide some insight?

I have the AquaTek and have no issues on my 220g. When the timer kicks the CO2 on in the morning it runs fine with no adjustments needed. In the beginning I didn't know it took a couple minutes for the CO2 to push the water out of the line going to the Powerheads but I haven't had to make any adjustments.

It's not a random force of nature that comes along and destroys the tanks of people that cheap out on their regulators. End of tank dump only happens when your tank runs out of liquid CO2 (actual liquid CO2, not Excel). It can happen with any single stage regulator, including either the Milwaukee or the Aquatek.

In reality, it's not really a problem. You should have a pretty good idea when your tank is going to run out, either because you're paying attention to your regulator (like you should be if you just set it up) or because you've figured out that your bps and tank size takes 3 months to empty your tank. It does take some responsibility, but that comes with having a high tech tank.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom