mini power head in refug???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supermarvin76

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 20gal tall tank that I built a sump out oof. In the middle of the sump is a refugium. I want to put a very little power head in there to break the surface tension and give a little more flow in the fuge part. (not make the water go through faster, just give move current) because it looks like the water is just going right over the top of the fuge and not getting down into it. I hope this makes sense.

Would it be ok to do that??

Instead of adding a powerhead have you considered adding a baffle that forces the water to go down to the bottom of the refugium? I personally would rather have a baffle instead of another powerhead that can fail and also produces more heat (which it seems like we are always fighting). HTH, Skip

It is already up and running. I am now looking for ideas that would be easy. Inorder for me to put in a baffle, I would have to take everything down. This is my main filter also. I have mech. bio. and chem filtration in this. one tank. My sump is bulit into the middle.

Back
Top Bottom