missing eyeballs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zarmalar

Aquarium Advice Freak
Two of my peppered cory cats have messed up left eyes. The one, the eye is missing completely. The other it looks like its just busted. I took a picture of each, hope you can see well enough. The rest of them look good, all acting well, including the wounded guys.:(
What should I do?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120408_190937.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120408_190937.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 62
  • ForumRunner_20120408_191052.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120408_191052.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 62
Maintain water quality as high as possible. Infections are lurking around the corner. Also asses the root cause of the missing eyes. Are fish picking at them? Did they hurt themselves somehow? They will be fine without an eye or even without both eyes. Your job is to prevent secondary infections and death. The moment you see anything up with the wounds quarantine and apply an anti biotic.

I haven't seen any aggression but will look out for it. I don't think there's anything to cause harm in there. But I can for sure keep my tank clean

I'm begining to think my betta is the evil one. He's going to be separated .

I wouldn't try to treat with anything yet...If they're behaving normally don't stress them more with medication.

Back
Top Bottom