Missing fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Speed

Aquarium Advice Activist
I woke up this morning to notice I have 2 missing Danios. Nowhere to be found. I thought all my fish got along well & I feed them daily. I have 2 plecos, 3 neon tetras, 4 cory cats, 1 platy, 1 beta & 1 Molly. Cld they have been eaten ? I had 4 Danios, now looks like 2.

X2 on that one. My hatchetfish jumped out of my tank, and i have a hood that covers 99% of the top. They find the smallest places to jump out.

I wldnt think so but I'm definately going to check it out. I have a glass lid that covers the majority of the tank and then my filters blocking the rest but they always swam at the surface. I was just thinking someone ( lol another fish) cld have ate them. Checking now

No, I can't find them anywhere unless they wiggled underneath the stand that I can't move but looked in the back & around the sides - nothing. 2 at the same time ? Just seems odd & I haven't had any issues, but they've only been in there for a couple weeks. I wouldn't think any of the other fish would eat them. I've read the Molly will eat her young ones & the young of others but Molly isn't huge 2 or 3 in & the danios are approx an in - 1 1/2 I'd say. I'm clueless but they're not in the tank.

Not sure if you can make them out but here's there sizes

image-2674840129.jpg

It would take a very large fish to make a 1 1/2 inch long fish disappear. Most likely they went carpet surfing and a dog or cat ate them or they managed to get under the stand. I lost one of my $10 killifish through a 2 inch gap in my lid so it's not impossible.

I lost a male swordtail when he jumped out of my quarantine tank. Found him on the floor covered in dust and lint.

Back
Top Bottom