missing fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clarky2202

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi. I am reasonably new to keeping an aquarium however i have had my 200 litre tank for about 6 months now and all is going well. It is full of plants which are flourishing. The tank has stayed healthy from the start but todayi have noticed 2 of my guppies and my bristlenose catfish are missing. I cant find them anywhere dead or alive. I havnt noticed any unwell or distressed fish. Is it possible my congo tetras have eaten them? I have neons and harlequins but the congos dont seem to bother them. Any ideas people?

Check around the tank and in the filter. Some fish like your BN pleco are experts at hiding. I had a Raphael cat lived under a rock and it took me like a month to find him because he lived sorta inside it.

If there is still no trace of them, fish are opportunistic eaters and will eat other dead fish sometimes.

Caleb

Thanks forthe reply. Ive left no rock unturned. Do they rver bury themselves? I think the guppies have eithe died and the been eaten or just been eaten

One if my bristle nose catfishes squeezed out of a 1 inch opening in my hood and I found him on my floor! I saved him in time though! The tetras might have chased the guppies out! I made sure my hood was super secure after that happened!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi. Bristle nose won't normally attack a live fish but they might eat a dead one. Your guppies may have died and then been polished off by the other fish including the BN. My BN goes 'missing' for a week or two then I see him every evening for a while. They are masters at hiding.

Sent from my iPad in West Yorkshire, U.K.

Back
Top Bottom