mixing loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cash Turtle

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just curious for if I get permisiion to setup my 55 gallon for fish, will a blue loach/orange finned loach school with clown loaches?

In general the answer is no....but you never can tell with loaches. Just so you're aware, the Blue Loach/Orange-finned Loach can sometimes be a bit aggressive and may cause some problems. Your experience may vary considerably but think of this as a cautionary note.

-Joe

Not sure.... But different loaches are known to interact with each other. My striped loaches and yoyo all swim together and interact with each other. I haven't had any blue loach/orange finned loaches, but have had clowns in the past, and they interacted with the yoyo's.

Im just curious becuase I saw one at the store in the tank with the clown loaches. at first I thought it was a sick clown but found the label for it it either said blue botia or purple botia but I looked around google and figured it out.
If I set up my 55 I think I'll just go with the clowns and skip the risk of an aggresive tank mate it is a cute fish though

Back
Top Bottom