Mixing with pearl gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatchyFish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Have a 25g tank with 1 pearl gourami, 8 neon tetras and 5 otocinclus. My partner wants to add another gourami (moonlight or honey but he'sleaning towards moonlight) but I don't want to agitate my pearl because he's generally out and about playing in the plants, seems to be enjoying live.
Would adding enough gourami be a good idea? Are either of those breeds compatible with a pearl?
Am i overstocked as is and shouldn't be adding more?
Any advice would be appreciated :)

Right now, you still have some more space in your tank for other fish but I would not put either Moonlight or Honey Gouramis with your Pearl. I think both types will fight will fight with the pearl but Honeys are one of the most peaceful Gouramis. If you really have your heart set on getting another Gourami, honey would be a better choice. Moonlights can grow up to 6 inches as well.

Maybe you could get 3 to 5 zebra danios instead or add more neon tetras.

Thank you. I'll suggest adding a few more neon. I'm happy just having the pearl I'll suggest to him that if he really wants a moonlight maybe he could get another tank lol

Back
Top Bottom