Mmm. Horrible Algae. ..Delicious!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corty

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've got a 55 gallon tank, four young Angelfish (two will be relocated upon adulthood), and some plants.

The plants have some Brush Algae which I have not been able to rid myself of. I've been told that a Siamese Algae Eater will munch this, perhaps not ridding the tank of it, but at least keeping it from choking my plants. As such, I feel it/they would have to stay in the tank permanently.

Would this be O.K. with the Angelfish, especially as they reach adulthood?

If two Angels pair off, how aggressive would they be to these as they guard their eggs? I am not purposely setting this up as a breeding tank, and assume they will likely eat their young anyway, but am prepared to raise them in case the unlikely happens.

How many SAEs should I put in, if any?

Are there any other things I could put in the tank, bottom feeders perhaps, that would not take the focus away from the Angels, and the Angels would not be too aggressive towards?

Any suggestions are welcome.

From my experience with aggressive spawning pairs, is that it's always good to add some dither fish, such as danios to distract them from your other fish.

FawnN said:
From my experience with aggressive spawning pairs, is that it's always good to add some dither fish, such as danios to distract them from your other fish.

You mean to distract them from eating the spawn or to distract them from the usual tankmates? Would that stress the dither fish?

If possible, I'd like to keep the focus on the Angels.. although I do have quite a quantity of Danios in my 38 I was considering moving.

Back
Top Bottom