molly behavior???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elwood

Aquarium Advice Regular
One of the mollies was pregnant when i bought them. The males were chasing her around as if they were waiting for the fry to emerge. i placed her in a breeder and later found one dead fry below the separator. I am assuming she ate the others. However she seems to be only a little smaller is size. And the males are chasing her around again. Do they do this when a female is pregnant? Basically tell me everything there is to know about molly behavior: breeding techniques and concerns, when delivery is near.....
I really like these fish more than I thought I would. I kinda thought more expensive meant more interesting. But that isn't always the case.
Thanks

You REALLY should PM Puriti. :D She has had more molly fry than normal breeders. :)

From what I recall, male mollies basically chase the female around until she drops the fry. But I haven't had mollies in about a year so it's been that long since I've seen them breed.

it means to send a private message (do this my clicking the "pm" button in one of the posts puriti has made, or go to your inbox and post one from there). Think of it as kind of an internal email system.

I just recommended sending a private message to her because I know that she has dealt with her fare share of mollies breeding over the past few months. :) I'm sure shes quite farmiliar with the breeding tactics.

thanks. I thought you were using some Latin phrase that I didn't know. Et tu Brute.

Back
Top Bottom