Molly effecting others

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foxyhasswag

Aquarium Advice Freak
For some time now my molly has harassed my other fish especially when it's feeding time and I'm really starting to get worried for the safety of my other fish as he chases them and nips them I've asked my lfs if they can take him but they can't take fish in and I've ran out of ideas I don't have any other tanks suitable for him
I know it sounds bad but should i kill him with the icey water technique don't get me wrong I don't take pleasure in doing this sort of thing espieclly to such a beautiful fish :-(
After all isn't one dead fish better than a tankful dead?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Before killing him try some of these tricks. Get some large size floating food. When you feed your other fish, add a pellet or two of the large floating food. You can coral it in a circle of airline tubing to keep it in one place. The molly will be focused on eating that and allow the other fish to eat in peace. Get another molly or two. You can have all males or all females. Not hard to sex them just do a Google search for how to sex live bearers. One male molly by himself will try to mate with any other fish in the tank. He will chase, nip at their hind fins, and just generally harass them trying to mate. If he has even another male he will concentrate his attention on the other molly regardless of sex.

If none of this works offer him on the classified for free just pay shipping. Someone will save him.

Back
Top Bottom