Molly problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tropical234

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi i have a 65 litre tank which has 4 mollies. I have just recently found out that they are two males and two females. I did a bit if research and found out that i should have three males for each female. I don’t know if i should return one male for a female. I also have a pregnant female which is close to giving birth but have never had a pregnant fish before since i started a tropical two months ago (there are also 6 female guppies in there). I was wondering what method is best when she is giving birth because i have heard that breeding boxes are bad but i also don want the other fish to eat the babies. Any advice?

I would definitely swap 1 or both of the males for females. If you have enough hiding spots for the fry a lot of them will survive. I reccomend floating plants or mosses. Guppies don't really eat the fry as far as I know so you would only have to worry about the mollies eating them.
Have a backup plan for those fry though, you dont want your tank too overstocked.

Back
Top Bottom