molting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nightryder1405 said:
Yea. I had an emerald crab kill my flame angel. Needless to say he went back to the lfs.

I cannot and will not believe that a little crab killed a flame angel or even a coris wrasse. The cold hard truth is, the fish died, and the crab was found on top of the fish eating it after. Cleaning up the mess. The crab is part of the clean up crew. JMHO

this is off another forum you may want to read it

Nano-Reef.com Forums > Will an emerald crab attack a fish?

8BHr04Kfztxs8AAAAASUVORK5CYII=

54seaweed said:
you have to see it to believe huh
you realize they do get up to 5 inches than all your live stock is lunch
this guy is about size of a quarter and he's mean

Emerald Crab vs. Six Line Wrasse - YouTube

Lol that video didnt show us what you were talking about... The wrasse was clearly interested in harming the crab and it stuck its arms in the air to defend its self

Well, these are wilder crab stories than I'm used to! Lol
I have no doubt that an emerald could and would kill a sick fish, or a sleeping one that was in reach, but most often unexplained fish deaths are not murder. My experience with the emeralds is that they attack sessile or slow moving animals with impunity. I'm not doubting anyone's stories, just to be clear. It just wasn't what I was expecting to hear!
As for the hermit question, the only substantial difference I know of between red and blue legged hermits is that red legged are natural predators of certain anemones such as condylactis.

Back
Top Bottom