momma guppy is in hiding....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pcdebb

Aquarium Advice FINatic
One of my (very) pregnant guppies has been in hiding for a few days. I strongly suspect she's dropping fry because, well, there's alot more of them showing up :) It's not the first time breeding guppies, however I've never had the female go totally missing. she's not even coming out to eat. should I just give her time or should I start a search party?

Depending on the age of the fish she may have passed in the delivery which has hep owned to me with a few different kinds of live bearers either when they are really too young to breed and also with some of my older fish it's just a natural part of the life cycle. But I'd give it another day before you start trying to find she may just be trying to rest after the whole ordeal.

:( RIP

she was one of my bigger females who gave me about 40 fry. got home from work and her carcass was floating.

there's 5 more females to extend the family :) and three males to keep it going lol

Well at least you have other ones. I'm thinking of picking up more guppies maybe black Moscow guppies and breed them with my purple females and yellow males!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom