Monte Carlo and Dwarf Hair Grass growth problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ironhulkthordad

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have this wierd growth or decay on my plants. Now before the questions start rolling I'll answer what I can about my setup.

Its an 80 Gallon Rimless no lid aquarium. I have a CO2 setup with an actuator that will shut the CO2 off when the pH starts getting too low. Around 6.6.

The substrate is Fluorite Seachem for plants. I have 2 x Asta 120 plant aquarium lights.

I just now also put some tablets around my plants, the Hair Grass and Monte Carlo aswell.

I think that's about all I can answer besides the fact that the water quality is good.

Any ideas what is up with my plants where I could be going wrong. Am I going to have to toss these plants and start again just would suck as they are super expensive. They were super green when I got them. Maybe they are fine and just having a hard time adjusting there is some green throughout them.MVIMG_20191018_232147.jpgMVIMG_20191018_232142.jpgIMG_20191018_232212.jpgIMG_20191018_232201.jpg

They are starving. You're driving them quite hard with strong lights and CO2... no food (fertlizer) for them.

Grab some Thrive, or some KNO3, KH2PO4, K2SO4 and CSM+B and start feeding them.

Research EI dosing, PPS-Pro Dosing, or we can explore some target ranges depending on your style of keeping a planted tank.

Back
Top Bottom