moon/lunar light color question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sweetness8t5

Aquarium Advice Activist
In a catalog I found some LED lights and the colors they include are:
nocturnal blue
reptilian red
moon white..
what are the differences?
I would want the blue, but the reptilian red, are those just for reptiles?
And does anyone have moon white in their aquarium?

Thanks!

I assume you are referring to the Coralife LED moonlights. I have 2 of the 3/4 watt lights on my 55 gallon discus tank, and they are surprisingly bright. I also have a white lunar light that is built in to my Current USA PC strip light. I haven't tried the red lights, but I can't see that they would be a problem. I have enjoyed both the blue and white lunar lights... but I can tell you that buying them separately makes for a whole different viewing experience! The white lunar light on my PC strip is much more dim than the Coralife 3/4 watt lunar lights. Either way, lunar lighting is still cool, IMO!

severum mama said:
I assume you are referring to the Coralife LED moonlights.

I haven't tried the red lights, but I can't see that they would be a problem.

I have enjoyed both the blue and white lunar lights... but I can tell you that buying them separately makes for a whole different viewing experience!

Either way, lunar lighting is still cool, IMO!

I assume you are referring to the Coralife LED moonlights.
These are the ones:
lg_rd_21113_28559DZ.jpg

And this is the link:
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=12760&N=2004+113544

I haven't tried the red lights, but I can't see that they would be a problem.
I wanted the red ones for my turtle tank, do you think that could work? Just me thinking...

I have enjoyed both the blue and white lunar lights... but I can tell you that buying them separately makes for a whole different viewing experience!

So would you suggest buying both colors?

Either way, lunar lighting is still cool, IMO!
I concur!!!!!!!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom