Moonlight LEDs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jetstorm369

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys, do moonlight LEDs have any effect (either positive or negative) on my plants or fish? Thanks!

They have no effect what so ever on fish or plants and as stated above are strictly for our viewing pleasure.

Watch for algae for some unknown reason I have an algae problem now with my Marineland LED lights. Luckily for me I have a molly in there.

They do nothing for your tank except promote algae growth.

I run moon lights on my 220g planted for several hours a night, for over a year, and they do not promote algae growth. I've used them for years in both fresh and salt water tanks. Moonlight LED's have such a low output of light they don't have the ability to promote any type of growth.

I would think that your main lights would promote more algae growth. I use moonlights because I like to see my fish when I'm home, but I was getting more algae growth leaving the main lights on too long. I have a 55 with a marineland hidden led, and a 20 gallon with TrueLumen blue LEDs that stay on 24/7, no algae what so ever in the twenty so I don't know what the people are talking about when they say moonlights cause algae

Back
Top Bottom