Moonlight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dennisdiscus

Aquarium Advice Activist
Will a moonlight disturb my fish in sleeping I was wondering if anybody has a moonlight does it help the fish or Should I turn it off when I go to bed

Attachments

• image-3339259449.jpg
    image-3339259449.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 76
I think the moonlight LEDs are designed so that you can actually leave them on all night, if you wanted to, without disturbing the fish, as it creates an environment for them as if their natural habitat was being flooded with natural moonlight overhead...

Someone else with more experience with these may chime in, though...

They can be left on all night as long as not too bright I go by the rule that I could not sleep in h room how could the fish

I leave mine on all night, and it's amazing what comes out. My corals even produce eggs and release them during moonlight hours.

Considering that the fish use moonlight to guide their breeding cycles, there is no harm in leaving them on. Also, especially in a reef tank, your fish will go behind or underneath the rocks and corals so they won't be seeing the light anyway so they will sleep when they are tired.

When I return from the trip I am currently on, I will upload to my albums 2 pictures of my old artificial reef tank. They were taken 10 minutes before and 10 mins after the lights went off for the night. You'll see what I mean about the fish disappearing to sleep ;) ( Check back to my profile in mid June.)

Thanks for the advice I will get the used to it slowly I think there scared of it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom