More Amazing Pics from D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

travis simonson

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm posting these pics here because I think that they belong in the planted tank forum. I wish I could say that these were my plants but they're from my friend Donna's tank. And just her grow out tank, not her display tank. Unfortunately Donna is not a forum poster so she isn't likely to share her secrets with us, but I thought you'd enjoy the amazing vibrant growth that she manages to get with seemingly little effort. Green thumb I guess :p

The first shot is of some beautiful Rotala wallichii that I gave up on trying to keep alive and gave to D. This is what she did with the scraggly survivors from my tank. Just sick . . .

D_R_wallichii_15.01.06.jpg

This is an extremely rare stem plant called Hemigraphis traian that shows incredible purple leaves when it's happy. Looks quite happy to me :)

D_H_traian_15.01.06.jpg

Probably the most amazing looking Alternanthera I have ever seen.

D_A_reineckii_15.01.06.jpg

Beautiful, healthy, lush Cryptocoryne wendtii "Green Gecko" foliage.

D_C_wendtii_Green_Gecko_15.01.06.jpg

And a final gratuitous shot of an MTS having lunch :)

D_MTS_15.01.06.jpg

Enjoy :D

Nice Pics Travis, Mind telling me what camera/lens you using. I just picked up a minolta 5D with a 105mm Macro and have found out that macro photography is not easy.

Regards,
Alex

Back
Top Bottom