More Questions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kristy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a few more question!!! I checked my levels and everything is good except my Amn is at 4.0 and Nit is at 5.0-10...That just means that my tank is cycling right.....I have a few pieces of LR in it but plan on adding more do I need to add it now or can I add it at a later date? Also, after it finshes what type of clean up crew would be best its a 35 gal hex. The sand bed goes from 1in in front to 4in.... Can't think of anything else right now but I know there will by more question in the future.... Thanks

for a clean up crew I like a combo of Astrea/Mex turbos and a few Nassarius. Start small and work your way up as you see the need. A cleaner shrimp is a ball and has a lot of character as well.

AS Wiz said you really ought to add now so you can cure the LR while you cycle the tank. BTW welcome to AA

Wait a little while before adding the Cleaner shrimp. They are cleaners but not really part of the cleaning crew. I agree with the astrea and the nassarius, but watch out for those mexican turbos. They get large and can and will knock over anything that isn't securly in place. I was glad to see my last one go!

I like nassis, nerites, fighting conchs and margarita snails.

Back
Top Bottom