More than one tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codyphoto

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am thinking about starting another tank or two next year.

Please let me know your experience with have more than one.

Also what is the best way to mix salt and do water changes?

Thanks.

I have two right now and will have like 30 in a month I just love my fish!!! The best thing is that I'm only 14 and have bought all the stud with my own money.

+1 I have 4 tanks running..2 freshwater and 2 saltwater..just do all your maintience over like 1 or two days..I usually do all Myne on Sundays..

Sorry it submitted before I was done..but it depends how big is your tank? I mix my salt in 2 five gallon buckets with heaters and pumps in the bottom for about 24 he's before adding...also multiple tanks can be stressfull at times especially saltwater as your always checking everything and monitoring everything closely..

currently have
125 sw
72g bf fw

about 2 months ago I had an additional 10g in my sons room and a 5g fluval chi in the bedroom. once the 125 is fully stocked and upgraded, ill prob redo the chi tank. but as of right now its just too much. the 72 is relatively easy compared to the 125.

It's easier when you are already doing maintenance and weekly water changes. I currently have three tanks, a 135, a 60, and a 5 gallon pico. All three have coral and by far the most difficult tank is the pico, go bigger!

It's easier when you are already doing maintenance and weekly water changes. I currently have three tanks, a 135, a 60, and a 5 gallon pico. All three have coral and by far the most difficult tank is the pico, go bigger!

Jmkb02 thats's wierd i think my 8 gallon nano is the easiest...some people agree some people say there smaller tanks are harder..luck of the draw?

Thanks for the replies so far. I thought maybe there was a trick I am missing on water changes or something. Saw a guy say he had five tanks on here. I may be to anal to monitor more than 2.

I have 3 reef tanks. A 125 gallon Peninsula, a 10 gallon in my bedroom, and a 5 gallon Fluval spec tank in my son's room. I do all of my water changes at the same time and I can do it in about an hour.

Thanks for the replies so far. I thought maybe there was a trick I am missing on water changes or something. Saw a guy say he had five tanks on here. I may be to anal to monitor more than 2.

haha five tanks isn't that many, i have more than that. some people on here have 15+ tanks, take a look at Hukits profile. if you just take a day out of the week for water changes and maintenance its not that hard. my tanks take at least 3 hours to do the water changes

It's hard to have just 1

img_2706342_0_dc2fd7d28ec7841fa30092538e37044e.jpg

My roomates got freaked out when I got my 20 gal because I have 7 Betta bowls and a 29 gal . So it's two large tanks and 7 small but soon could be 9 Betta as I may repossess 2 Betta due to person I had given them to not taking proper care of them

I started with a 16gal sw....then added a 1.5 gal sw...then 2.5 gal betta...then another 16 gal sw....then a 8 gal sw....then a 110gal sw. Not bad for six months.The wife said I should cool it on the tanks, so shortly I'll be back down to the 110, 16 and the betta tank. It's been quite a ride.

As of today I have 8 tanks running, 7 salt and 1 fresh. :)

I tend to spread out my mainetenance when I can. I will water change the 125g salt one day and then do the 29g cube and 60g cube on another, the 90g I do whenever I can. the smaller tanks I have I will do whenever I think of it as they are small and a bucket or two of water is generally all thats needed.

It is a hassle to behonest and while I love all my tanks I am planning on consolidating the 125g, the 29g biocube and the 60g rimless into the new 180g tank I just setup.

I am torn as to what is easier though, the 8g pico I have is simple, a couple scoops of water and the water change is done. The 125g is a production to do a water change on but the tank is far more stable as far as parameters than the 8g pico.
lol

Good luck with your new tank(s)

Back
Top Bottom