Moss for driftwood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JokerWx13

Aquarium Advice Freak
What's a good type of moss that can stick to driftwood? i don't want java moss cuz that looks kind of messy. i like the look of christmas moss or weeping moss but i dont know where i can find it or if it will go good on driftwood :(

any moss, really? o-o unfortunately i havent found any christmas or weeping moss in any of my lfs :( you would think that in a city this big, there would be a decent fish store here

JokerWx13 said:
any moss, really? o-o unfortunately i havent found any christmas or weeping moss in any of my lfs :( you would think that in a city this big, there would be a decent fish store here

Check out Pacific Aquarium at Delancey. They have nice stuff there. I have java moss and it's not sticking. :(

manhattan is pretty far away from where i live...i'll remember that tho :) i'll probably go one day after school or something. and maybe the java moss needs some growing before it sticks? i had a java fern on a rock and i had to put thread around it and let it go for a while before it began rooting to the rock.

JokerWx13 said:
manhattan is pretty far away from where i live...i'll remember that tho :) i'll probably go one day after school or something. and maybe the java moss needs some growing before it sticks? i had a java fern on a rock and i had to put thread around it and let it go for a while before it began rooting to the rock.

My java moss only grows upwards. I would recommend buying plants on eBay. Bought anubias for $1.25 each.

id like to steer clear of ordering online for now...dont have a paypal and dont know if my parents would let me >.> is it risky ordering online?

JokerWx13 said:
id like to steer clear of ordering online for now...dont have a paypal and dont know if my parents would let me >.> is it risky ordering online?

It's not risky if you research your seller beforehand, just like with ordering anything online. People onthis forum would probably send you moss easily. I would, but the weather is too cold to do it with a simple box.

If you put an ad on craigslist, I'm sure you would get a ton of replies since you're in a city brimming with aquarium keepers and clubs.

Cornstar said:
My java moss only grows upwards. I would recommend buying plants on eBay. Bought anubias for $1.25 each.

Cornstar, what seller did you use? That's fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom