Moss Possibilities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WBAC88

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have some java moss in my tank, but I'm not a huge fan of its looks. It tends to look a little ragged and messy. I have seen mosses in tanks that I like, though, where it's a little green and, well, mossier. What are some other mosses that I could look into for my tank. I've got a 65g heavily planted low tech. Thanks

Yah, it won't grow quite as fast as java, but looks great. It attaches fairly quickly too. I have it growing in a high light tank with about 20ppm co2 and daily ferts.

I recently attached a bunch to a home made coconut cave. It's taking its sweet time to fill in but should look really cool once it does.

rreekers said:
willow moss and Christmas moss are pretty popular

Thanks rreekers, I'll look into those, too. Not much luck finding any of these on the plant buying sites that I frequent or in the classifieds section here, but I'm going to check aquabids and a couple other places to see if I can find them. Definitely no sign of them at my LFS unfortunately.

WBAC88 said:
Thanks rreekers, I'll look into those, too. Not much luck finding any of these on the plant buying sites that I frequent or in the classifieds section here, but I'm going to check aquabids and a couple other places to see if I can find them. Definitely no sign of them at my LFS unfortunately.

The Planted Tank has lots of Mosses.

Look at Fissidens, Erect Moss, Christmas Moss, Mini Xmas Moss, Peacock Moss, Rose Moss, Weeping Moss, etc.

I have had all but last two I think.

Would it be correct to say that u r looking g for some "mossibilities" hahaha. Sorry i couldn't resist

Coursair said:
The Planted Tank has lots of Mosses.

Look at Fissidens, Erect Moss, Christmas Moss, Mini Xmas Moss, Peacock Moss, Rose Moss, Weeping Moss, etc.

I have had all but last two I think.

I bought a ton of moss from a guy on plantedtank.net ... sign up( its free like AA) , and I will send you his contact info in a few hours.

rreekers said:
I bought a ton of moss from a guy on plantedtank.net ... sign up( its free like AA) , and I will send you his contact info in a few hours.

If you could, that would be awesome. I haven't gotten into Planted Tank yet, possibly because they don't have such a sweet app :) I have to go check it out though.

i was xmass moss, and it looks pretty dang cool :)

ok so here is the link to TPT - The Planted Tank - Articles, Forums, Pictures, Links

here is the link to sign up - The Planted Tank Forum - Forum Rules

here is the swap and shop - The Planted Tank Forum
--- you can look around here and people are always selling mosses.. OR you can post a WTB (want to buy) ad and people will get back to you very fast with great offers.

also check aquabid and ebay

I'll do that tonight, thanks, it looks like a really good resource.

I use Tapatalk on my iPhone to read all my other forums. Wish AA was on Tapatalk too ;)
But this works.

Every time I visit a forum on my phone they advertise, but it never looked like an app that works that well. Is it decent?

Coursair said:
I use Tapatalk everyday.
TPT
APC Aquatic Plant Central
Aquascaping World
International Shrimp Now
Planet Catfish

Those last two have hilarious names, but I'm sure are really informative. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom