Mouth disease?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DIZZLE808

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can anyone tell me what's going on with this guy? I noticed it a few days ago. Hard to see in the pic but it's like he has a dark split right in the middle of his mouth.

Ph- 8.2
Ammonia- 0
Trites- 0
Trates - less than 5
Temp - 78
Eheim canister filter rated @ 250GPH
Refer octopus bh2000 skimmer

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388630593.635118.jpg

I'm not sure, but that's a beautiful purple & yellow fish! What type if you don't mind me asking? Sorry for not being able to help.

Looks like an anthias and could it have been fighting with the other clown?

That was the only thing I could think of! My two clowns fought often to establish dominance. Some of the aggression appeared very hostile to me.

I'm not sure, but that's a beautiful purple & yellow fish! What type if you don't mind me asking? Sorry for not being able to help.

No worries lol.
It's a Bartlett Anthias whom my daughter has named Pinker lol. Very active fish always swimming in front of the tank when the lights are on

Looks like an anthias and could it have been fighting with the other clown?

I haven't noticed them ever fighting. A few weeks ago this same clown looked like a small part of his mouth was swollen and white but then it went away

My banded coral shrimp has been a little aggressive lately...well since he's gotten a bit bigger anyways, could it be him nipping at him? This particular clown is rather lazy...likes to stay on the sand in one spot and cruise until it's feeding time

Yeah I know when mine first fought for dominance the other got pretty ripped up

Back
Top Bottom